HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Arrroman

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

In a fingers release the bowstring rolls away from the release hand, so instead of accellerating the arrowwith just the forward and up and down motions of the tiller of the bow, there is also the horozontal component going on.

With correct spine arrows for the bow and a properly adjusted rest, the whisker biscuit works fine with a fingers release.

A walkback tune should be used to determine the optimum position for the windage of the rest.

Because the bowstring rolls away from the release hand the bowstring will be moving about an 1/8" to the left of the centerline of the bow upon release(for a right-handed shooter), and the optimum position for the rest in order for the bow to shoot its narrowest groups will also be about an 1/8" to the left of the centerline of the bow.

The whisker biscuit is a hunting rest and works best with a good stiff hunting spine arrow. The amount of flex in an Easton Axis 300 shaft is about 3/10" in theory. A 500 shaft flexes almost twice as much as a 300 shaft. The carbon shafts cover a broad range of spine choices with a limited number of actual shaft sizes compared to aluminium arrows.

Most of my bows are set at 70#@30". I shoot 31" 2219 shafts with fingerswhen I do my initial bowtuning, and they shoot real good.

For hunting I use a mechanical release and switch to a faster carbon arrow.

A couple of things that I have noted in shooting the whisker biscuit with fingers are that too tight of a biscuit will cause a wider horozontal oval group to occur, and that too light of a spine will cause both the wider group and the wild left and right angled shots to occur.

The arrow should fit loose inside the biscuit.

I have always found that an even tillered bow with the arrow nocked at 90degrees to the bowstring worked best for me.

The windage for the rest should be determined by walkback tuning.

The correct spine arrow for the bow will hit the same vertical line at all distances while the incorrect spine arrow will not.

The bottom line is the whisker biscuit will work with either a fingers release or a mechanical release.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>