HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Bulzeye
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

I'm sure there are better resources, but this is from the Easton tuning guide...

"With a finger release, the arrow bends horizontally, first
[align=left]bending in toward the bow, then bending away from the[/align][align=left]bow, which causes the arrow shaft to leave the arrow rest.[/align][align=left]In the next bending sequence, the arrow nock disengages[/align][align=left]from the bowstring. The arrow is then on its way, freely[/align][align=left]oscillating all the way to the target. The amount of[/align][align=left]oscillation decreases as the arrow travels farther from the[/align][align=left]bow."[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]"When using a release, the arrow most often bends[/align][align=left]vertically, rather than horizontally. Therefore, there is no[/align][align=left]need to compensate for any inward compression of the[/align][align=left]arrow rest or cushion plunger."[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]That's not the only place I had heard it, just the only place I know where to find it in print.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I'm not going to change something as fundamental as my release method justso I can makeuse of a particular rest. I've been shooting fingers for 25 years, and I shoot plenty well with a simple flipper. Just wanting to explore my options here.[/align]