HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tribute Chrono results: Update 3/17
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 10:53 PM
elkaddict

Default RE: Tribute Chrono results: Update 3/17

For comparisons sake, my 06 Allegiance 60/29 with peep and a loop is shooting 400g GT7595 at 271 with the smooth mods when shot through a new whisker biscuit. This was a little slower than I had expected given the 317 birth cirtificate--I suspect that new biscuit is robbing me of several fps. I know I could drop some arrow weight and pick up speed, but for hunting, this speed/weight combination has proven pretty effective. Besides, it's convenitent to shoot one arrow out of my 3 bows. I shot a smooth mod tribute repeatedly before choosing the smooth mod allegiance--it wasa toss up between the two for me. It would be interesting to compare a fast mod tribute with a smooth mod allegiance. I'll bet it'ssixes. The smooth mod is pleasant to shoot and the velocity is not bad considering I'm shooting 100g over IBO. Interestingly, the 271fpsis the same velocity I was getting out a 70/29 Patriot SC (with a full string and plus a peep/tube) shooting the same arrows. My 05 Alegiance 70/29 with peep, loop and extra nock is shooting the same arrows at 294 fps. It's sure not as pleasant to draw. Given the speeds of these new bows, that 05 allegiance may well be my last 70lb bow. It's hard to imagine speeds continuing to climb a whole more with reasonable brace heights. We'll see!