Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Tribute Chrono results: Update 3/17 >

Tribute Chrono results: Update 3/17

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tribute Chrono results: Update 3/17

Old 03-13-2006, 11:27 AM

Default Tribute Chrono results: Update 3/17

I went with a Buddy of mine to Gander this weekend and shot at the indoor range and chronoed the new Tribute I have against his LX.

I am using Easton Realtree Hardwoods Green Camo carbons that are 28 inches and 9.1 gpi with a 100gr head. My draw length is 29 and the Bow setup with the speed cam and at approx 60-65 lbs ( Not been on scale yet, but we turned it down from factory 70.8) My first few arrows were at approx 267-269 fps. His was shooting278 with unknown 26 inch un-camoed (black)arrows with 7.5 gpi and 100gr headso I used his arrow in my bow and mine was 279 fps. He used my arrows in his LX and shot aolmost the same as mine 266-268 fps.

My question is. How do you calculate your finished arrow weight? Does the 9.1 on the arrow account for flectings,inserts,and nocks. If so my arrow is only 354.80gfinished and at that weight I should be shooting much faster I would think. If I can shoot the lighter arrow and it still satisfy my required bow specs I will switch for sure to gain 10-12 fps.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:18 PM

Default RE: Tribute Chrono results: Question?

The arrow weight would be the weight per inch in grains X the number of inches the shaft is and then add the weight of the insert, nock and insert if any is used, the weight of the fletching and the weight of the point. Just measure each arrow on a scale, I use a reloading powder scale for mine. The brace height on your Tribute is 7.5 inches and the LX I believe is 6 5/8 inches,, lot of difference in brace height
Old 03-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does the 9.1 on the arrow account for flectings,inserts,and nocks.
Nope that is the weight per inch of the shaft.

How do you calculate your finished arrow weight?
best way is weigh them on a grain scale.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the response. Do you guys know what I should gestimate the insert,fletchings and nocks at? I know that I have 28 inches @9.1gpi +100gr head so total now is 354g. I assume that the extras listed above would add 100g...maybee. Thus I am guessing I amshooting a 454g arrow which was chronoed at 269. Still seems slow to me.

My 05 Tomkat shot the same arrows @ 260 fps with the single cam. I know the Tribute has to be faster than that....

Do not get me wrong here. This is the best bow I have ever owned an shoots like no other. I have no problems hitting the X's on a 5spot 95% of the time at 20yrds. If I can gain speed and be safe I will switch arows for sure. But it is kinda like getting rid of your lucky underwear, I never used anything but Easton.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nocks should be about 12gr's insert depending on arrow should be 15 to 20 gr's the fletching weight will also depend on the type and lenght of fletching.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's my speed 289. Time after time I clocked that out of my tribute. I shoot black Gold Tip Hunters 7595. I'm not sure of the grain weight yet cause I haven't weighed them. They fly awesome, and I'm shooting fast. Maybe it'll work for you.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guessing arrow weight can get you close, but there's no better way to know than actually weighing them. The amount of glue holding the insert inand thefletchings on could vary the results, not to mention the type of fletching itself.

Another thing that sticks out is the amount you let off the limb bolts from maxed out. Unless your buddies bow & tomcat were let out the same amount you'll have a hard time comparing apples to apples.

Scale each bow, weigh the arrows, account for draw length (1 inch = 9-10 fps) , make sure the cam timing marks are "on" and that your bow is getting ~80% let-off and then you can start comparing the end results.

Until then the results are rough comparisons at best IMHO.

Let us know what you find
Old 03-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Just to correct the numbers..

Iwas shooting myMathews 05 SWB set @ 70#/29" draw and shooting a GT Pro Hunter Black 5575 (8.2 grains per inch) cut to 28" with standard GT vanes (not sure on weight), Inserts (14.2 grains), no clue on the nock weightand 100 grain practice tip.The SWB has nothing on the string but a loop and no tube peep. Hope this helps.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:48 AM

Buck,

I just did some math and if you are shooting the average 4" vanes then your total arrow weight is going to be around 410gr, give or take a few.
The nock weighs 12gr. Insert is 15gr. Three 4" vanes are about 25-30gr. Add this to the 354gr for the arrow and point.

Speed is also going to be dependent on how much junk is on the string and where it is located. Also what type of string material is used. How long the center serving is. There are so many variables in every setup.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:47 AM

Zingnut, I think you need to measure them arrows again. No nock just shaft, mine are longer than yours and mine are exactly 28 shaft only.

Thanks for the info fellas on the grains etc.

My bow has string leaches top and bottom. Speed knocks,peep with no tube and a D loop.

Quick Reply: Tribute Chrono results: Update 3/17

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.