HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leupold QR Base and Rings for Omega??
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 03:23 PM
gopherfan
Spike

Default RE: Leupold QR Base and Rings for Omega??

I put a scope on my Omega recently with the aluminum T/C one piece base and I opted for the cabelas QR rings ($50) vs the leupold soley on price. I can't find them online but I live 20 minutes from a Cabela's store (dangerous). I'm from MN originally and scopes aren't legal in that state during muzzleloading (yet!). Anyway, I put a Nikon Prostaff (2-7) on the gun and I've been happy with the results so far. Cabela's also sells T/C Maxima QR rings ($68) which looked identical to the cablelas version with minor differences in the knobs for tightening. All of these attach to weaver style bases. I believe they were medium height rings but I am not 100% positive on that. I've included a photo to give you an idea of how much clearance the scope has behind the sights.

I won't pretend that these are as stable as non-quick release but they do offer versatility for those of us with legal limitations. I will add that I personally feel leupold is superior in quality...but that's only opinion. I've never used their QR products.

gopherfan