HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Blind or Treestand
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 03:19 PM
NCYankee

Default RE: Blind or Treestand

There are conditions that will be better for a treestand than a groundblind and vice versa. I use both, and since I've had my blind have taken as many deer from one as the other. If you can set the blind afew daysearly, and brush it in real good (use proper scent control when doing this...rubber boots, latex gloves ALWAYS) you'll have no problem. You can rattle antlers alot easier. Also, if you are new to bowhunting, a blind can allow you to move a little more(fidget)without getting busted. It takes a little practice to remain perfectly still for 12 hours! Remember to practice the same scent control on your blind that you do on your clothes. Don't store it in the garage next to the gas cans, or where the dog can lay on it. Spray it with scent eliminator (or Carbon-Blast if it is the charcoal-lined type like Eastman Outfitters). And get one with silent magnetic window fasteners, not velcro (I wish I had!).
The other good thing about having a blind for deer, is that you'll have one for turkey season, too. And they are definitely better than a treestand for gobblers!