HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savannah Ga.
Thread: Savannah Ga.
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 03:50 PM
ranchand99
Typical Buck

Default RE: Savannah Ga.

Hog season on Ft.Stewart ends March 15th,and resumesMay 16th,after Turkey season ends on May 15th.Basically year around,besides during Turkey season,andthat short time right before turkey season comes in.High powered Rifles are allowed in firearms areas.There are special archery only areas,and bow,muzzleloader,or shotgun w/slug areas also.I'm 99.9% sure you can use rimfire rifles(.22,.17HMR)in the muzzleloader,shotgun areas.

Hunter Army airfield is also included in the pass you buy,and is in Savannah on Hwy 204.No rifles are allowed there(Bow,shotgun w/slugs,or muzzleloaders only),and hog hunting dates are the same there.

Also Hunter safety certificate is required no matter what age you are or how long you've been hunting.Just a heads up.

Link to Ft.Stewart http://www.stewart.army.mil/dpw/wildlife/

No other public land is available to my knowledge until August 15th when squirrel season comes back in.To my knowledge.When that comes back,there is a WMA at Richmond Hill,that I have been told has hogs.

There is also Savannah NWR,but I'm not sure of it's hunting dates.It is along I-95 just across the South Carolina line here in Georgia.There are other ways to get to it besides that though.Hope this helps.