HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Safety with Spanish and American Barrels in general
Old 03-02-2006, 07:12 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Safety with Spanish and American Barrels in general

I think there is more hype than actual hurt about our sport.
I actually believe these incidents are happening more then we, the muzzleloading community, are aware of. I base this belief on a couple things. We are dealing with an explosive and not everyone who handles these items do so in a safe manner. Also there are people that simply do not take all the necessary steps such as reading a manual or what ever, and do unsafe acts. Not all of these incident may be serious, some very simple, but still something that should not have happened. What happens most times I believeis the person(s) involved with the incident contacts the store they purchased the rifle fromor the manufacturer and after that it is a mad rush to create damage control.

I've seen a lot of deals made by the legal community and believe me, when there is something that happens which might effect a company image, or even have implications of a law suit, these companies legal teams come down on the offended or injured party with amazing speed. And then,the promises and pay offs begin. In almost all cases there is a clause in the final settlement that nothing can be discussed or details disclosed.

So while we may be upset because we hear of an incident happening but for reasons can not learn the facts, there may be many more incidents out there that we never hear of at all.