HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Albino Turkey
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
DHF:KYLEN

Default Albino Turkey

Well gang, Here's the deal. Bought land in good old rocky top and the neighbors told me tales of the great white turkey. To be honest, I thought they were just, "bsing" me, to make me feel good about my purchase.

Now, up to this point I haven't even seen a turkey track, but to be fair, the woods here are different than what I'm used to, and they are covered with leaves due to winter.

The other day while scratching out some walking trails and starting some new food plots on the property I heard them. Yeah baby. Didn't see them though.

Today, got to the property eairly and low and behold, there they were. The mythical "white buffalo" included. I saw the albino first, I thought it was a white plastic trash bag at first until I moved closer. Then I saw all of its friends.

I only had a "camera phone" on me at the time.[:@] I've tried to send "distance" shots via this phone and they don't really come out that great.

So, bottom line: my internet purchase of land has paned out great in regards to wildlife and the added kicker of a albino turkey.

The turkey is pure white, (like snow), with dark black spec's. You can sure bet that when I get a good photo, I'll post it here for you all to see.

Here's a link to another site to bring those of you that might be interested up to speed of my relocation. http://www.southernsportingdesigns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=583