HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Easton 2117 bolts. I was told their the best for cross bows
Old 02-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton 2117 bolts. I was told their the best for cross bows

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

With my old horton I never had this problem. But with my new one I did. It came with three carbons and when I ruined them I just went and bought a six pack of aluminum. After shooting them a few times I noticed the same thing. I realized that my aluminum arrows were slightly bent. Could have been from the way I was pulling them out of the target since the block target I have is really hard to pull out of. I swithched back to carbons and have had no problem since, carbons wont bend like aluminnum's do. I also only shot horton brand arrows too, never bought an off brand.
Hey Hotburn76, didn't it seem like a good idea at the time to shoot at the same spot? LOL I thought it was cool at first tho.[:'(]
I would bang up a few bolts then move further away and still do the same thing only less often. Slow learner I guess.
I have never had a bolt that came bent or bent on removal of a target (I do have a goldtip for my comound that has a mind of its own). I have bent them by pulling them out of the wall studs as well as from collisions. Pull them slowly through your finger tips to feel for dents and roll them on edge of a table top to check for straightness (unless you have access to a tool/jig to check them for straightness).