HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Easton 2117 bolts. I was told their the best for cross bows
Old 02-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton 2117 bolts. I was told their the best for cross bows

HI Green Pea. I am happy to see that you are back in buisness!
The 2117 is the shaft size. I use the same size shaft on my Exocet. The model I use is the XX75 easton. Go to http://www.eastonarchery.com/product...show=crossbows
I would not say that they are the best bolt on the market. At 20 yards my XX75 bolts cannot be used on the same dot, otherwise I will be denting the sides and ends of most bolts.I am truly afraid to shoot at the same point with multiple bolts.
They normally are accurate and consistant. You might want to check for straightness of the shaft. I have never checked for straightness or weight consistancy because all bolts have been super accurate. I think I have bought atleast 48 bolts and between targets and deer killed more than half of that before the light switched on.
Are they made by the Pro Shop or a factory? What fletchings do you have on them? What tip is on them?
There are a lot of xbow shooters on the excalibur forum. I think you should ask them. They are Excalibur owners as well as Horton etc owners.