HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Demo Mink set pans out
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 11:51 AM
jhoffman

Default Demo Mink set pans out

I have trapped for about 15 years and I just don't have the time to run a line like I used to. i used to have about a two mile long line for everything there was to trap in the area. Once I got it set I would check the line from horse back everyday. Too bussy with work and a family now though.

Anyways, I have a 10 year old son, 11, 14, and 2 year old daughters the two oldest girls and my son are all interested in getting into trapping. I was showing them how to make a blind set for mink or muskrats with a 110 conibear in a little run off in the back yard that is from a natural spring up in the woods behind my house. No sign or nothing and didn't really look like a place i would have set in the past but it worked good to just show them the ropes. I set the trap told them we would check it in the morning. We get out there and there is a big buck mink in the trap. Who figured? First mink in a couple of years and it was great to see the kids get excited when they saw there was something in the trap after only one night.