HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - REMINGTON 7400
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 09:55 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: REMINGTON 7400

I have one and have killed more deer than I could count.I havehad it since theearly 80's.Never had problem with it as long as you clean it correctly. Alot of the reports you will get I have found are from people that ever never even owned one but heard this and that from the web or the local hunting store.

I did have to do some work on my forearm because tightening the screw can change POI. So I removed some material at the reciever end so the forarm doesn't press against the reciever.

I don't use it much anymore as I got several other good weapons for the job. But it gets rotated thru the stack. I took the scope off and use it for drives mainly now. Very handy and perfect for that purpose.

I see in Rifle Mag, they have improved several features on it, to make it more dynamic on loads. Its called the 750 I believe.

The only bad I can list is reloading for it. Sometimes I couldn't reload for accuracy, but had to load to where it cycled perfectly from 0F to 90F temp. But fortunately, I found a good fast load that cycled perfectly. That goes for BAR's too however.