HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - mountain Lion Tips
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 07:58 PM
charlie brown
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mountain Lion Tips

Well, the most popular and successful way to hunt the critters is behind hounds. Better not get a hound, because then you will be hooked for life, lol. I just got my first two dogs this last summer. Have well over a grand tied up in them now, and not a lion track to speak of. My advice would be to find someone who has been successful in the past in the area and spend some time with them. A good person can teach you a lot more in a few days then you can figure out on your own. I thought I was doing good, then I met some people who have been willing to help, and they have taught me quite a bit.

Another way to hunt them would be to call for them, but I wouldn't bet that you could be successful on a regular basis with that method.

Either way, if you do end up with hounds, don't just plan on finding a hound, throwing it out on a track, then shoot the cat, fill the tag and wait until next year, especially in southern NV. It is a year long ordeal of working with your dogs and letting them do what they were bred to do. Getting a cat is hard enough in snow, even thougher on dry ground.

Good luck.