HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - passing bucks
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 11:17 AM
atlasman

Default RE: passing bucks

ORIGINAL: wolfen68

Simply unbelievable. "Trophy mentality"??? What the he!! are you talking about? "Whining"??? What the he!! are you talking about? It's about a bigger picture than trophy bucks...it's about a trophy herd.

What a crock.......when are you gonna realize that your message would be better received if it wasn't wrapped in lies. QDM is about doing nothing more then being able to shoot a deer with a big rack on a regular basis. Every so called "trophy hunter" out there preaching QDM is just too lazy or not skilled enough to tag a big one right now due to their low numbers compared to smaller deer.........What is the easiest way to solve that problem????.........Don't shoot any deer so they all grow big antlers and then when you go hunting it will be as common to see a whopper as it is now to see a scrub. Then we can all kill them and put them on the wall and tell all of our friends what a great hunter we are. Forget doing it the old fashion way with hard work, scouting, and years of patience.........that is unacceptable in today's drive thru mentality.

Sorry if I cannot be PC about this but what kind of logic is "if it's brown it's down", "if I don't shoot it someone else will", "if it's legal then it's ok". Thats not logic, it's ridiculous.

It's literally amazing to me that so many people cannot see that the vast majority of hunters do not see the world as they do. I know it is hard to believe that anyone could possibly only have 4 days a year that they can get out hunting or don't own or have access to a bunch of private land.......but it is true. Believe it or not some guys don't even own a bow (GASP).........So when I see a guy that I have known for years loading a small buck onto his beat up tailgate with a smile from ear to ear I feel pretty good for him........I know he works 60 hours a week just to be able to keep a roof over his families head and shoes on his kids feet and I couldn't be happier for him that he had success on one of his few and far between trips into the woods. Come monday it's back to the grind for him.......he doesn't get to scout, he doesn't get to spend all year getting ready for next season.......he is a regular guy.........far be it from me to tell him how he should hunt and what he should or should not shoot.

Sure many states still allow it but it's not from advice given by biologists but rather to avoid the riots that would occur from the old school.
You say you are preaching facts but then try to back them up with opinion. Show me a biologist that would agree with killing the biggest and strongest males in the herd as a regular practice as a way of creating a strong and healthy herd........that is simply moronic.

Look at the massive wall of resistence Dr. Alt had in Pennsylvania but then look at the incredible results already being seen from the AR's.
I guess you think you know what your talking about from half way across the country. Maybe you should actually talk to some REAL people who hunt in PA and have done so for many years and you will find out that your "incredible" results are pure fairy tale.