HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Future of the Crossbow
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 12:17 PM
DJH -------
Fork Horn

Default RE: Future of the Crossbow

HUNTERS WORKING TOGETHER

The only thing that should be important to each and every hunter in North America is doing whatever he or she can do to bring ALL hunters together in one unified force. We cannot do that by jumping on our brothers because they like to bait deer, or they like to run bears with hounds or any other of the stupid things that hunters beat up other hunters for. In the last decade (1991-2001) the number of hunters DECREASED by more than 1.7 million in the U.S.A. alone and like me, most of the remaining ones are older than dirt. And as the hammering of one another goes on, the animal rights whacko's slice away more of our support and heritage with each passing month
Instead of expending energy kicking fellow hunters around, we should be working with schools, youth groups and woman organizations to recruit new and young hunters from where ever we can. This is no joke! I want my grandchildren and great grandchildren to be able to experience the thrill and satisfaction of bringing wild game to the family table. I truly feel sorry for hunters that get so caught up in their own personal agendas for fear that they might be cheated out of game that they fail to see what is really important to our hunting heritage and future. Lord knows that there is plenty of game to go around! Lets get more people involved to share in the bounty and safeguard our hunting tradition.

As we travel around the continent, we occasionally run in to the contrary of mind and spirit, but for the most part, the hunters we meet are able to fathom our predicament and realize that we have a serious task before us. They get it! We can only pity those that do not and stand up to them for what is right. Believe me, along the way you are going to get ripped into, but one should always consider the source and remain true to your course. Those that persecute will eventually change (remember the compound issue) or they will alienate themselves from the mainstream of the sport and end up being miserable with those few others like themselves. We believe that anything that grows our sport is a good thing. Good for the participants, good for the game and good for the people who make their living from hunting and fishing.