HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drawing the Line III
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
HuntinGUS
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drawing the Line III

I suspect that a lot of the animosity toward fences is driven by sour grapes. Maybe you are upset because some guy was able to harvest a mature buck behind a fence, that you couldn't harvest when it was 1 1/2 because you were on the wrong side of the fence. Maybe you are upset because you had to hunt a high-pressure, overhunted, public land and didn't even see a doe, much less a mature buck. So, instead of congratulating him on harvesting a nice buck, you mutter a few epithets his way. You tell him he's not a "real" hunter like you are, and all he did was shoot someone's pet. And, in so doing, you are alienating a fellow hunter. Someone who likely makes a pretty good living so that he could afford to hunt private land. Someone who may be politically connected and able to actually accomplish things that help the rest of us. Someone who might be reasonably well-educated and might help break the "inbred, toothless, beer swilling redneck" stereotype with which hunters are saddled in much of the main stream media.
WOW. It's clear now. We should bow down to these masters of the hunting world because the may have some clout?Gimme a break!

Nah, I'd rather hold myself to a higher standard. Do what makes you happy, but don't try and sell me a $hit biscuit and tell me it tastes like chicken. I'll pass.