HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drawing the Line III
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 01:27 PM
BJR224

Default RE: Drawing the Line III

[/quote] I'm a little curious as to how you came by the opinion that the medical and legal professions are part time jobs. I've been an attorney for 20+ years, and I have had months where I worked 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. And, if you're in a big firm, you really need to average 50 billable hours per week if you ever want to make partner. You might get two weeks vacation per year (I've never taken more than a three day weekend), but, you still have to average 50 billable hours per week, so the hours have to be made up elsewhere.

I've hunted both types of operations. My first deer hunt was in 1997 on a high fenced 400+ acre ranch. I'm now hunting a 2000+ acre low fenced ranch. The deer didn't behave differently on the high fenced ranch than they do on the low fenced one. They weren't tied to a tree or bottle fed or anything like that on the high fenced ranch. The ONLY difference I note between the two is that the deer on the high fenced operation had a larger percentage of older deer. The low fenced ranch, being surrounded by ranches having an "if it's brown, it's down" management policy, has a far lower percentage of mature deer. Other than that, both are essentially the same. Blinds are set up near high traffic areas, you sit and wait for something to wander by. You shoot if it meets your management goals.

[/quote]

I know everyone has there own opinion and "To each his own", and I respect that. But come on, what you consider "hunting" is nothing more than target practice. "Blinds are set up" "Just sit and wait for deer to wander by" Ha! You are clueless to as to what its like to acually "hunt" for your deer, and not just shoot one. Why don't you ask Jimmy H if he needs a hunting partner?