HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drawing the Line III
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 01:58 AM
johnnyBgood

Default RE: Drawing the Line III

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

OK, this one IS NOT about weapons, baiting, pods, drives, etc.!
This IS ONLY about FENCES!
It seems that MOST of us agree, that at least at some point, fences become UN-SPORTING, to say the least!
I don't hunt "high fences" but, I know that it is becoming big business,and at least SOME of these operations are good for "hunting," because it does allow more people to enjoy the sport! EVEN, if itis NOT WHAT WE DEFINE AS "HUNTING!"
I for one, think that THERE IS a difference between 1000's of acres under fence, and a "feed pen!
So, at what point does it really become not "HUNTING?"

Another thought to ponder is this: Whether its 1000's of acres, or a "knock-em in the head pen,"IT IS going to be legal in many places.
Even if we say "itsNOT "HUNTING," the sign on thegates are going to say "HUNTING Ranch!"
IF it said "BUTCHER SHOP" would it make us "hunters" feel better?
After all, we are not vegeterians! We are gonna kill it! Easy or hard!
Like DD said,When they try to pass it off on the people as a real deal in the wild.The 1000 acre fencedin can go either way.To help the deer grow or make money.The population of hunters are growing.They changed the rules to let the deer grow bigger racks with the no shoot 4 ,6 points.This came from boredom on the weekends and showed from tv how easy it is to bag a big buck.Hell,I can do this,a doe tag.yea give me one of them to.Their is some legitmate fenced hunts and then there are the ones who use tv as a profit.I am a real hunter myself.I study the deer from when i am out small game hunting.We usually get atleast 2 of the bucks that we scout during squirrel season.We know where they come from and go.This is in rifle season we still get them.Archery would be to easy and end the season early.Does this answer your question when it doesn't become hunting?