HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Tall Hunter News Bow
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Haakon

Default New Tall Hunter News Bow

I am new to the sport and at 6'7" (6'9" wingspan) I don't seem to have quite the slection of an average sized hunter. The local archery shop measured my draw at 32.5 and at the same time I was able to shoot a Mathews Switchback LD set at 31" draw. Unfortunately this was the only bow I was able to shoot as they did not have any other bows set for a longer draw length. While I would prefer to shoot a bow before I consider it I don't think I will be able to. I liked the Mathews and if I get it set with a 32" draw and a half inch loop I was told this should fit. At the same time I can order a Parker MagHunter combo package for a bit less money from a on-line group. Without having shot the Parker bow I have no idea how they would compare. Withe the Mathews Switchback LD the axle to axle length is only 33' and I hear that it may be difficult to look through the peep sight with the steep string angle on a long draw set up. Being new to the sport any advise that would be able to help me select a bow would be greatly appreciated. I will primary use the bow for backpack high mountain type hunts.

Thanks,

Haakon