HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drawing the Line III
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 06:53 AM
BOWFANATIC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drawing the Line III

I draw my line pretty simple. I hunt only free ranging animals period! My definition of free ranging doesn't change with the amount of land behind the fence.

Main Entry: 1free
Pronunciation: 'frE
Function: adjective

3 a : relieved from or lacking something unpleasant or burdensome <free from pain> <a speech free of political rhetoric> b : not bound, confined, or detained by force
7 a (1) : not obstructed or impeded : CLEAR (2) : not being used or occupied <waved with his free hand> b : not hampered or restricted in its normal operation
8 a : not fastened <the free end of the rope> b : not confined to a particular position or place; also : not having a specific opponent to cover in football <a free safety> c : capable of moving or turning in any direction <a free particle> FREESTANDING <a free column> b : chemically uncombined <free oxygen> <free acids> c : not permanently attached but able to move about <a free electron in a metal> d : capable of being used alone as a meaningful linguistic form <the word hats is a free form> -- compare 5BOUND 7
12 a : not literal or exact <free translation> b : not restricted by or conforming to conventional forms <free skating>
14 : not allowing slavery
15 : open to all comers
- free·ness /-n&s/ noun
- for free : without charge
synonyms FREE, INDEPENDENT, SOVEREIGN, AUTONOMOUS mean not subject to the rule or control of another. FREE stresses the complete absence of external rule and the full right to make all of one's own decisions <you're free to do as you like>.