HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Muzzle Loading
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:06 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Muzzle Loading

JLmoore1956

Bad timing on my part looking at this post just before I have to go to work. Bore Butter probably is not the answer to you problem. It may actually help cause your problem. Bore butter is a good product if it is used correctly.

But first give us a little more information, what type of ignition were you using? - I assuming #11 caps, what type of powder? old powder new powder - what type of projectile? conical - sabot -prb?

The cleaning process can be a long dury process, but once you master it - it becomes like riding a bike. If the gun is new to you and/or has not been used in recent times - best to really clean it well. I have a process that i use and each of us has developed a process we each use. Mine sounds rather lengthly. There is a step in it which i do your BB so often people disagree but it certainly works for me. If you are interested I will try to get it up tonight after school and errands.

Cayugad has his process memorized so he will undoubtedly get his posted before I am able to and it is a good one - I just add one more step.

Good luck - cause once you get the rifle shooting you will really enjoy it - it really gets addictive.