HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I wanna start cresting
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 09:31 PM
mobow

Default RE: I wanna start cresting

Cresting is awesome, no doubt about it. I, too have been tempted to give it a whirl. I have discovered the wraps, though......my, my, my.......It don't get any easier than that. Besides, if you ruin a fletch on a wrapped arrow, no problem. Little different with a crested arrow, you would need to repaint the arrow.

Wraps are simple, inexpensive, and really look neat. There are literally thousands to choose from.

Crap....sorry, didn't mean to hijack this. The plus side to cresting.....you can truely customize your arrows. You would have the ability to make something NOBODY on the planet has. And, I also think cresting looks better, if it's done right. I ordered a half dozen dipped and crested from.....well, let's say I ordered some, and they will be here this week. I'll post a pic when I get them. They will be awesome!

Greg/MO here has posted a great thread on cresting, and hopefully we can get enough members here testing their creative talents. If we put our heads together, I am confident we can master this thing.