HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best packable blind?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Leverdude
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best packable blind?

I have 4 hoop type & one hub. The hub's never been hunting yet mostly because I'm accustomed to the others. Once you get the hang of it theyre a simple thing to fold up.
I have 2 dog house blinds, 1 Yukon tracks commander which is similar to the dog house but much bigger & a hunters view lodge, again like a dog house but much bigger, 7'X7' if I remember right. I took 2 deer from the yukon tracks blind tonight after work & coulda shot at least one more. If you let the blind sit awhile so the deer get used to it & they dont smell you they dont realize whats going on when their buddy runs off & drops.
I hunt from tree stands too but more & more I like the pop up blinds.
In my experience the deer couldn't care less about them as long as they dont see you coming & going or smell you.
Maybe I'm missing something but I cant make myself pay a couple hundred for a good hub type when every one I have cost less than a hundred delivered.
Someone mentioned an outhouse blind. I have one of those too. It was my first attempt at a pop up & its way too small for me to bowhunt from. It can come in handy as it can be unzipped & opened to make a sort of 3 sided blind. I'v set it up against a ledge like that before & felt it would have worked if a deer woulda come by but it wouldn't be something I bought had I known what I know now. Might be frine with a gun tho.