HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Windwalker7
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Thanks Rooster.

Yes, they do caribou. We only saw 4. the guides said something about there being more earlier in the season. We went the first week of October. The Outfitter operates about 12 camps. I did see a few hunters with caribou racks getting off of the float plane, back at the main lodge.

They guides were great and work hard to get you your moose. I can't say enough about them. My 2 buddies got their moose, but they were smaller. One guy had bad knees and the other , I think, just got tired of walking. They just settled for what they could get. They'll walk your legs off up there.

I walked along with the one guy when he got his moose. I had the video camera in a plastic bag to keep out the rain. The six of us were walking alongin the wind and rain , when the guide up front turned around and saw a moose walking behind us, following us about 30yds behind. We never knew it was there. LOL...The guide yelled and pointed and we all turned around. It was an awesome sight, that moose standing there staring at us and us back at it. I wanted to get the video camera out of the bag and film the shot, but didn't want to mess up my buddies chance at a shot by making noise or movement. AllI could do was watch him shoot it when it started running. I just wish I could have had it all on video. When you are standing that close, they sure look big. Especially when you are used to seinng whitetail deer.

Yeah, if I had the money I'd love to go back.

They also have a Trophy Camp where your chances of getting a nice rack are better. It costs an extra $1000, though. That camp has only been open a few years, so the big ones aren't all shot off.

The camp we hunted at has been hunted for 14 straight years with no break. The moose my buddies got are typical for most of the camps with several larger ones taken also.
[align=center]www.BigGameOutfitting.com[/align]