HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cant we all just get along?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 03:43 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default Cant we all just get along?

OK, I've seen lots of folks complain that this section has become one big arena for pi$$ing matches. Most of the regulars here and some of the newbies have contributed in one way or another to the deterioration. This thread is not meant to throw any stones in any particular directions. In the interest of all getting along, lets start a list of guidelines that will promote harmony on these boards. Feel free to add your contribution, but please keep it positive

1. If you dont like success stories or photos, simply dont read them.

2. Some here need to grow thicker skin. Sometimes people dont say things well when they try to say it in a typed line or two. Give it the benefit of the doubt.

3. Dont type something into the computer that you wouldnt say to the member if he were standing in front of you. There's way too many posters getting a big set of cyberstones because they can hide behind the internet.

4. Personal fuedscan be a tough thing to let go of, so if you must continue one, do it via PM's. (Bet the fued dies real quick that way)

5. Newbies, your opinion is just as important as the oldest member here. But if you come out swinging before we've gotten to know you, youcould wind up etched in some of our minds as a troublemaker for a long time. First impressions are a lasting thing. Stand up for yourself, but coming out on the attack will not get you any respect here.

I wish I could say that I've always followed the above guidelines but I know I'm no angel either. Cant do anything about the past but we can fix things as we move on

My head hurts. cant think of anythuing else to say right now.

Anyone got anything positive to add to the list???