Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cant we all just get along?

Old 01-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cant we all just get along?

OK, I've seen lots of folks complain that this section has become one big arena for pi$$ing matches. Most of the regulars here and some of the newbies have contributed in one way or another to the deterioration. This thread is not meant to throw any stones in any particular directions. In the interest of all getting along, lets start a list of guidelines that will promote harmony on these boards. Feel free to add your contribution, but please keep it positive

1. If you dont like success stories or photos, simply dont read them.

2. Some here need to grow thicker skin. Sometimes people dont say things well when they try to say it in a typed line or two. Give it the benefit of the doubt.

3. Dont type something into the computer that you wouldnt say to the member if he were standing in front of you. There's way too many posters getting a big set of cyberstones because they can hide behind the internet.

4. Personal fuedscan be a tough thing to let go of, so if you must continue one, do it via PM's. (Bet the fued dies real quick that way)

5. Newbies, your opinion is just as important as the oldest member here. But if you come out swinging before we've gotten to know you, youcould wind up etched in some of our minds as a troublemaker for a long time. First impressions are a lasting thing. Stand up for yourself, but coming out on the attack will not get you any respect here.

I wish I could say that I've always followed the above guidelines but I know I'm no angel either. Cant do anything about the past but we can fix things as we move on

My head hurts. cant think of anythuing else to say right now.

Anyone got anything positive to add to the list???
Old 01-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cant we all just get along?

Good post and members need to quit "harping" on the past grow up and move on! Quit dragging this pettiness into other threads and hi-jacking them as well! [:'(]

There are a few us that like to "stir the pot" this needs to end as well!

READ THIS:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1379777
Old 01-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good additions BHF!

How about anyone who agrees with the basic premise here sounding off a promise to try our best to live by these words???

I'M IN!!
Old 01-16-2006, 04:37 PM

One thing I think should be added is that today I noticed that someone in the signature block is using a line from another members post that was another one of those big argument threads. All that does is continue to stir the pot and cause nothing but bickering. When I seen that I thought that is a way to rub it in everytime you post. Im in on the rules and I hope I havent broke them in the past but here lately it isn't even fun reading a post cause you can just about bet its an argument and its the same group of people always doing it. Just make your post and get on with it and like BTBowhunter said take it to PM's. Just my two cents worth from a newbee.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

A-MEN it is a very good post and i espically like #3
AND REMEMBER WHAT MOM ALWAYS SAID IF YOU CANT SAY SOMETHING THAT WONT OFFEND ANYONE DONT SAY NOTIN AT ALL
Old 01-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'M IN......[8D]
Old 01-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

I NEW AND I`M IN
Old 01-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok .. I know a lot of it is either me ..or involves me and I am man enough to admit it ... I promise to be a good boy even though its EXTREAMLY hard to be sometimes ...

dd
Old 01-16-2006, 05:41 PM

Im new but IM IN!!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can do it dd we have fauth in you lol (as long as people dont get a little jealous of all the deer you kill lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.