HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - RMEF and wolves
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Garminator
Typical Buck

Default RE: RMEF and wolves

I don't get it.....why are these damn wolves so protected?????......forget about the fact that there are tons of them out there and they are destroying the elk/moose population...most states even deny that they have wolf packsin particulay areas.....while hunting the Big Horn Mtns in WY earlier this year, we spotted a couple at approx 500 yds away and they fled upon spotting us (which leads me to be beleive that hunters are shooting at them-"GOOD"). Later that day we went by a check station and advised the fish & game officer there and he denied the fact that they have wolf packs there... we insisted that they were wolves and he stated that they were probably coyotes...HAHAHAHA...trust me,"they were wolves"...later that day, we spoke to a nearby rancher and advised him of what the g&f Officer told us and he laughed. When we asked why he was laughing he simply stated that they know that there are wolves there but they continue to deny it. That rancher continued to tell us that several of his cattle have been attacked and he doesn't hesitate shooting at wolves whenever he's given the opportunity. I think the fed govt has got to step in and do something about regulating the wolf population....just my opinion