HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hog mishaps
Thread: hog mishaps
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 09:49 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hog mishaps

I've only had one so far, pretty minor. We bayed about a 250 lb boar, was a bad hog,at night on the edge of a cornfield in a cane patch. The cane was about 15 feet tall and he had hollowed out a little patch just big enough for him. Turned two bulldogs on him and got a good catch, one on each ear. The hog was facing away from me and I ran in to grab him, he saw me coming and jerked the bulldogs off the ground, turned around and came at me as fast as I was going at him. I tried to back up and got my feet tangled up in the cane, fell flat on my back and my hat with light attatched fell off. I ended up under the hog and the entire pack of baydogs and can't see anything but dogs and the underside of a mad hog in the dark. He stomped all over me but couldn't get to me with the teeth because of the bull dogs. The harder I tried to get up the more tangled up I got in all the knocked down cane. I got bit twice by a couple of the baydogs. My hunting buddies got him caught and I would guess I was only under him for maybe 10 seconds but it seemed like ten years. I would guess he would have cut me if we had only had one bull dog on him. We always lead two in for just such an occasion.