HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Oneida?
Thread: Oneida?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:01 PM
IL Rancher

Default RE: Oneida?

I like my two Oneida type bows. Nice bows. It is a different sound, especially with the composite outboards. Down range it is quieter than it is to the shooter, kind of a strange phenom really( Something to do with the hollow pocket on the back of the limbs maybe) but who knows, most people I know who have been around when I shot commented that it was quieter than they expected. Definitely a different sound.

As far as working on them, god, they are super easy to work on. I know I broke my BE down three months ago or so. Removed all the cables and completely retimed the bow, replaced the cables and string and put it back together while watching some TV. Didn't take me more than 30 minutes probably and that was only because replacing the cables to a bit longer than I thought it would.

They do ship them right now with a timing cable that is a bit looser than I would prefer personally. It gives the bow a bit more speed but makes them a bit noisier. I don't know much about their new bow except that those who own them love them, I personally don't have the coin to spend on one.

Fieldmouse.. Guessing you are shooting a Medium LF? They can be a bit trickier according to some folks I have talked too, something about the limb geometry or something. Its the one I have so I have no real reference to go with except to say the factory did ship it with a looser timing cable than I would have licked but they did service the bow for free, replacing all the cables and string on the bow after I bought it used. Thought that was pretty nice.