HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tang Sights...Thompson Center Vernier vs Thompson Center Hunting-Style Tang Peep Sight
Old 01-03-2006, 01:52 PM
TC209x50
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tang Sights...Thompson Center Vernier vs Thompson Center Hunting-Style Tang Peep Sight

campo, I again agree with roundball and Cayugad, I have a Renegade and found a front "globe" style assembly for a steal of a price and had the bright idea of swithing sights to "aid me in hunting conditions" well next I found a hunting peep style which is the one roundball is speaking of (lower profile etc.) and thought I was set. It was much to my supprise that one can't be used with the other but you can remove the rear site and use it that way. The globe style that I found for such a good price was to be used with the tang style. I did'ntwant to remove my rear sight at the timebecauseI didn't want to mess my sights up so close to deer season. In short I found for hunting your better off with normal style sights or better yet TC does make them for the Renegade and hawken in fiber obtic. I have been considering removing mine and giving it another go though, it seems I've developed what the eye doctors call a eye convextion or something like that and I'm having trouble focusing on two object's in close proximity. I'm thinking that if I do this I'll only be looking through one object to center another? I don't know maybe it's the same thing, who knows jury's still out I guess. From what my understanding isfor just shooting and general use they are very accurate and used by many competition shooters. If you still want one and can't find it call this guy "Tippacanoe Frontier Trading Company" @ 937-667-1816 in Tipp city Ohio,There hard to get a hold of lately the gentleman has developed cancer and close's quite often for doctor's and such. They carry most anything for traditional shooting and frontier camping living,All the way down to the clothing and dish's. I know at one time the had those front tang's there because I looked at them. CAYUGAD and ROUNDBALL might be a number for you guys to hang onto if your looking for something that you can't find else where. At one time they carryed a host of different sight's and items including rifles and alot of cowboy action items. Good luck, hope this helps.