HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tang Sights...Thompson Center Vernier vs Thompson Center Hunting-Style Tang Peep Sight
Old 01-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Campo

Default Tang Sights...Thompson Center Vernier vs Thompson Center Hunting-Style Tang Peep Sight

Recently I found a Thompson Center vernier tangsight on ebay, I bid and got outbid at the last minute. I recently found a more recent model on Cabelas, which is the hunting style tang sight, which doesn't flip down and is alot cheaper. My questions are the following. What is the advantage of the Vernier tangsights? (I have a 50cal T/C Hawken) as opposed to the hunting style tang. I know Thompson Center has not made the Vernier tang sight in a while, and it seems like a sought after item. Why is this the case? I have yet to start sighting in my smokepole, and want to have my sight ordered so I dont waste powder on one sighting then have to sight again with a new sight. As far as I can tell, you use a normal front bead or a fiberoptic with the apeture provided, which you can get different apetures for? Seems like a good system, and eliminated variances in settling the bead into the stock rear sight.
Any advice and information would be great!