HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Born2Killdeer

Default RE: aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!

the only thing planted in the field is grass. i did try something diffrent today. i went to the other side of the cutover which is an old field planted with pines that are now about 6ft tall and thick with tall grass. i sat one one end and a friend sat on the other. there are no trees big enough to climb so we sat on the ground. we didn't see anything. there only one tree thats big enough/small enough to climb on the cutover. the wind is usely SE and im facing the cutover to the east. but theres another cutover dirrectly across the road and i think they are comeing outta that one. i found some trails crossing the road. i thought about puttin some corn out on the powerline in the cutover thats next to the field but im runnin out of time since the season ends on monday. and i got to work friday and saturday morning. this is one smart buck and im gonna try to get him during bow season. my only problem w/ bow season is when i put out corn all i get is does. what if i moved my trail cam around during the summer untill i find out his path that he takes everyday?