Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!! >

aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!

Old 12-28-2005, 10:03 PM

Default aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!

ok i hunt in central NC and it just seems like the deer have vanished during the day. i see them at everynight at about 7. theres is a HUGE 8pt in the same field every night. i really wanna get em. there is a cutover next to the field, then across the dirtroad there is a small pine thickit that has planted pines about 6ft tall. i just cant figure it out. im climbing about 45ft up the tree next to the field and the cutover and i can see all over and down the powerline that runs from the field to the pine thicket. i have not seen the first deer.i fiqure the buck is bedding down in the cutover but he just wont come out, nor will any other deer? what should i do. its gets real frustrating when i sit there everyday and not see anydeer and come outta my driveway at about 10pm and theres that huge 8pt and a tall 6pt EVERY night for the past 3-4 weeks. what should i do? i will try just about anything to get this deer.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!

Have you tried setting up when it's darkbefore day break?
Old 12-28-2005, 10:29 PM

tried it. seems the deer are moving out b4 daylight
Old 12-29-2005, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

If its legal you might want to try and decoy ...

dd

Old 12-29-2005, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

try something off the wall. something they wouldn't expect, and maybe you haven't thought of yet. did this the other day, sat a spot, on the ground and managed to see four, and killed the biggest doe. just mix it up a bit. go in at a different time, walk all the way in, park you truck in a different spot. maybe the deer have you patterened. I figured they did where I hunt this one spot, changed my thinking for one day and killed one. food for thought.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

how about a spotlight and some buck shot ! Its a joke, dont go gettin yourself arrested.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

is were you think they bed downwind of you?? that could be why they don't come out because they can smell you and they wait for dark because you are leaving.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

I no how you fell
Old 12-29-2005, 10:47 AM

I'm with you here in NC. Haven't seen a buck since the first couple of days in Dec. Are you hunting all day? He may come out for a quick bite from 10-2? Any water source around? Might get a quick drink during the day? Any rubs in the pine thicket and what's on the other side of the pine thicket.(not the cutover side but the other) What's in the field he's coming out in?If you can't get back off the field because of thickness or too small trees maybe leaning a ladder stand up or LOAD that field up with corn might get him there earlier. Good Luck
Old 12-29-2005, 07:45 PM

heres an idea if you can find exactly where hes bedding. go setup around 3 hours before daylight downwind of the beds around 30-40 yards and wait for daylight to see him bedded down there. Then there ya go you shoot and kill that buck. Because the way it sounds he is a nocturnal buck so this should work. Also if you can find the trail he uses to come into the field setup around a hundred yards in the wood on that trail so mabe you can catch him around half hour before dark when hes on his way to feed.

Quick Reply: aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.