HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - in addition to yote and fox gun..what cal.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Rockfish1

Default RE: in addition to yote and fox gun..what cal.

you don't say where your from or what sort of ranges you plan on shooting... if your concerned about noise, and ranges are limited to 250 yards or less, consider the venerable old 22 Hornet... 80% of my shooting is with a Hornet, for groundhog, fox, raccoon and coyote... if I go to the high country where there's possibility of bear coming to the call, I'll go to a 22-250 or a 243... I do my own loading so I can custom tailor ammo to what I want itto do, but even if you stick to factory stuff there is still enough variety available to cover anything you need...

anytime you go to the high velocity rounds your looking at tearing up fur irregardless of caliber... another thing to consider is ammo availability, you can find 223 or 22-250 anywhere... the 204 being new still has not shown up in some of the more remote places yet... that being said my choice for a larger case goes to the 22-250... haven't been without at least one in over 30 years...