HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you make duck taste good???
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Nemont
Fork Horn

Default RE: How do you make duck taste good???

I got this recipe and instructions from another site. It is very, very good. I have made it a total of 5 times this season and have tried different stuffings and none of them have been bad. Even the kids and people who don't like wild game ask for seconds.

Breast the bird so it you get the two breast halve connected by the skin.

You have to singe the pin feathers and it should look like this.

Step 3: Cut a crosshatch pattern on the meat side of the breast but be carefull not to cut all the way through. Season meat side well with salt and pepper, cajun seasoning, or my favorite --OLD BAY.

Step 4: Put your favorite stuffing in the breast and tie the breast up with butcher string as shown (skewers or good sharp tooth picks can be used to hold it together too ). The stuffing shown is just ritz crackers, salt, pepper and parsley. But I've used fruit, herb, and sausage stuffings too.

Step 5. Roll in a light dusting of flour and deep fry at about 345-350 until the skin's really nice and brown(or roast at 425 for 20 minutes -- baste with oil or butter as she's going). Take out of oil, drain, dust with your favorite seasoning salt or spice and let sit about 5 minutes before taking off the string and slicing. Should be medium rare when done. I serve this with a drizzle of sauce made from lemon juice, mayonaise, capers, green onion, salt/pepper, hot sauce and worchesteshire.