HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally!
Thread: Finally!
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Windwalker7
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally!

A while back I posted in the Deer forum asking " Am I OK?" . I was considering quiting hunting. I've taken lots of deer with rifle and bow and was losing interest. I also had a couple deer coming into the feeder in my backyard. These deer are quite trusting of me. They will come to within 3 ft of me. It kinda made me feel guilty for shooting so many. I'm sure some of you have seen the pictures I've posted on here of them.

Well, I've found a new interest in hunting." Muzzleloader" I just borrowed my Dad's Flintlock today and went out hunting. I got a small doe. I've taken only 2 deer before with a muzzleloader. I never really like them before, but now I am thinking these things are quite fun. My wife even got me an Omega for Christmas. I guess I won't quit hunting but may just start hunting with a muzzleloader instead of a rifle.

I've got to say, It sure was different looking at that deer through open sights instead of a scope. I must have pulled the trigger 6 times before I added moer powder to the pan. Then it went off. The deer never got out of its bed. It just rolled over and layed there.