HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Im am sick SICK SICK !
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 04:16 PM
jestan007

Default RE: Im am sick SICK SICK !

DD, I've read thoughalmost every ppost just now and I wanted to put my 2 cents in. I recently shot a yearling myself out of mistake so I know what the other guy "should" be thinking. I actually made a post on here on how bad I felt. All the comments told me not to worry about it and enjoy the tender meat.
From you first post, the other guy thought he shot a doe. If the 2 deer were together he thought they were 2 does. Same thing happened to him as me. He didnt have a bigger deer to compare it too and thought it was a bigger doe. I would talk with him and really see what happened. Im sure he has had some time to think about it. You should get a good feel on how he feels about the whole situation.

This guy is in need of some guidance and you have a good chance to give him some so he doesnt find some elsewhere, where that type of hunting is a normal thing. In situations where I feel bad or I've done something wrong I try to learn from my mistake and learn from it. What could you have done different? Maybe you can take him hunting where you can be a guide for him and tell him what he can shot and what he can't. Tell him why you don't want to shoot that deer and point out things that make a deer a shooter. It would be best if you could find a good 2 person blind or stand and sit with him.

I've learned a lot about hunting from my mistakes. I think the only way you will feel better about everything is to talk to him and try to make something good come out of this. Maybe if you do this 1 button bucks life will let 5 or 10 more be passed up for another year.

I will leave my opinion on the whole night issue for another post.