HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Im am sick SICK SICK !
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 04:11 PM
GobblerTX

Default RE: Im am sick SICK SICK !

I've poached before... never shot anything myself while doing, but I had helpeda couple of peoplespot deer at night, with a spotlight, while on a county road, helped 'em clean it and... it wasn't right, I admit, and I haven't done it since and do not plan on ever doing it again, it was truely wrong, but I was young, wait, still am, I was YOUNGER... I had uncles who hunted, my grandfather hunted, by my father left when I was 1, so I never had him to take me hunting and show me how it's done... my step-father doesn't hunt, so I never had him... So yah, I made some stupid decisions, these are things I will never do again... they were very dangerous and very unethical...

Now, as a born again ethical hunter I believe itillegal, but ethicalto shoot the deer at night with the light on it... Would I have done it? In a heart-beat... And having done the 'other' poaching, I'd say it would even come close to comparing...

You gotta ask yourself "What would I want? A bullet in the head or a pack of coyotes to come and eat me alive?"... What comes to mind? "Do unto others as you would have them to unto you..."

Yes, there are dangers in people being behind this, but I'm pretty sure they were aware of their surroundings and they got the job done, and if it makes you feel better, if this ever happens to me I'll go ask the deer if we can take a time-out so I can check for people picking worms...

However, did you ever think that it could have been posted property?

If a homeless guy is tresspassing on property I am being allowed to hunt on (or that is my own), I shouldn't have to look for him... But if I accidently wound him, and he looks like he will die and suffer a slow and painful death I'll put the light on him and shoot him too...

Happy hunting, and do unto others as you would have them to unto you...

Merry Christmas too, btw...