HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The stuck buck (pics)
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 06:43 AM
jhoffman

Default RE: The stuck buck (pics)

Deffinately did the right thing - I have run into similar situations in the past on two seperate ocations. One year I was hunting on a drive with my brothers and saw a small button buck sneaking back through the drivers and noticed that he was having considerable trouble moving through the snow - I watched him for a couple of minutes because he was a deer that I would have normally passed on and noticed that he was walking on three legs and couldn't bring up his head. He just kept it hung low to the ground. I put a slug through the front shoulder and went over to field dress him. I found that someone had shot him earlier in the day one in the neck and one took off the back leg just below the knee.

Another time I was hunting during archery and kept finding scapes with blood in them several days apart from each other and whatever buck was making them was still checking them daily. I had a dtank setup on the scrape trail and had a small 4 ptr come in that had an arrow stiking out of the front sholder - I stuck him and went dressing him out found that the first arrow just did not penetrate and was just getting beat around by the brush and kept the wound open due to the broadhead -

Both cases were cause by the carelessness of others and I think it is the duty of the true sportsmen out there to end the suffering of animals that become the victims of incidences like these.