HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pie-bald
Thread: pie-bald
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Bill Yox

Default RE: pie-bald

The fact that the captive pieds were used as an example wasnt for survival, of course. It was an example how not all pieds are short legged inferior animals. It also illustrated how the RECESSIVE trait is PIGMENT, not physical abnormalities. To use your words,this shouldnt have to be explained either!Of those thatwere prone to predation as you say, we wouldnt have a problem with them, theyd be preyed upon. Those that are,no longer contribute to the population. Again, no explanation should be needed here.

Then ragin cajun sums things up nicely for my opinion, when he said how wary this animal seems to be. Yes, it does have the physical attributes described earlier, but I just dont see those few genetically waekening the herd. Like I said in my first post, not all pigment disorders go hand in hand with the other physical disorders, and Ive seen enough strong animals to support my opinion. Incidently, many states prohibit the taking of white or partially white deer. So much for culling. Ragin, good luck getting that deer, and whichever opinion you happen to subscribe to, enjoy your hunt! And to brutal attack, I enjoyed our exchange, and respect your opinion as well.