HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - help......AGAIN read carefully
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 04:35 PM
ceaser8

Default help......AGAIN read carefully

well its me again, hope that I am not pestering the hell out of anyone. lol anyway I have some questions regarding calling. I will get into my stand anywhere from 5-6 am, daylight is 6:45, when should I start to grunt for the bucks? ONly when I see one or what? Then I have another problem. THe bean fields that make up 80% of the land that I hunt just got cut today. When should I go back out to my stand? Next year lol......uh please don't tell me that!!!! My third question is, can I over do it on the attractants. I have corn, tinks 69 and apple flavored block. I am thinking of going back to Rural King and getting more stuff like.....deer pee, more fruit flavored blocks and maybe some of the honey "stuff" that you pore on a rotted tree stump. Is this a good or bad idea? I used deer cain but I honestly think is scared them off more than attracted them b/c there is NO sign of any kind of deer that have been remotley close to where I put it. Oh one more my stand is a 20 foot ladder stand, I would like to have a climbing stand b/c I don't plan on hunting this same area until deer season ends. My ladder stand is too much trouble to move around and too noisy. I am concerned with the $$$ of a climbing stand should I just get a portable stand and put it where ever I will hunt next? It wouldn't be as much trouble as that "big ole" ladder stand. well thats that, hope you can help. Thanks