HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Primers?
Thread: Primers?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:30 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Primers?

I was shooting some of the Remington Kleenbore Primers the other day in my Knight Disc. Since I was shooting loose powder I was sure the igntion would be fine. Also the low power Kleenbore Primers do not blow the plastic disc to pieces and I can reuse them more. I am not sure I would use the Kleenbore primers if I were shooting through a straight breech plug. I might stick with the Winchester W209's. Although I have been shooting the Kleenbore in my Black Diamond XR and they have been shooting very well.

You might want to try a stronger primer and see if it makes a difference. Perhaps you're getting a slow igniton. I personally like the Winchester W209 primers (not to be confused with the Winchester WML209 primers). Any time you change any little thing about a rifle, you can change the way it shoots and groups. For instance, if you are having bad results with Triple Se7en in your Optima, then try some Pyrodex RS or even some of this APP, Shocky Gold or Pinnacle 3f. Something has to make that rifle shoot. CVA rifles are normally very good shooting rifles...