HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buck Fever_the ones that got away...post your stories here!
Old 12-17-2005, 05:13 PM
huntIL104

Default RE: Buck Fever_the ones that got away...post your stories here!

This year Oct 28. It was 5:30 pm and I started grunting, and this lil spike buck came from behind me. I was getting ready to take a piss and I saw these does coming across the field and i put my picker back in my pants. Then I did some more grunting. Then about 5 mins later thes buck comes across the field and he gets about 40 yards and starts to enter the woods and I grunted to him and he ran off the spike buck. He then came about 20 yards and I couldn't get a shot then he enters the woods and I draw on him and the arrow falls off the string. The arrow is not resting on the rest and the sight. I let down and the buck is behind a tree. I get the arrow back on the string and draw again and lung him at 15 yards. How he didn't hear or see me I don't know but it was the first buck I took with my bow. He ended up scoring 117 3/8. For 16 years old and my second year of bow hunting I can't complane.