HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buck Fever_the ones that got away...post your stories here!
Old 12-17-2005, 10:40 AM
BJR224

Default RE: Buck Fever_the ones that got away...post your stories here!

lol...I here ya Whisp. I used to have that problem, just remember to breath and always squeeze the trigger as you are letting your breath out. But my heart still skips a beat when I see them bigguns!

Oh boy early_in are you gonna make me justify shooting at that deer running and tell this story again. He was gut shoot by another hunter and came on to our land. They(2-6-8 pointers)snuck up on my Dad from behind, grunted at him and took off running. My Dad noticed a limp in the one so he went over the spot 30 feet behind him where they were and found a gut shot blood trail. He called me over and we began to trail him. No sooner did the hunters who hit him show up w/o guns. Very nice guys, they told us to go gettem and we gave them directions back to where they came from. We finaly jumped him in the hedge and he broke out into the open field on my side. I wanted to make sure he was the hit one so I hesitated for a moment but then I seen his blood soaked hide. Plus I wanted to make sure he was completely in the other direction of my Dad. I got a few shots off but missed. He eventually went on to other property, unfortuately the guy who owned that property was an a**. So now that deer will go and die and will make a meal for the cyote's. Does that satisfy you early, or am I "unethical"?