HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I dunno .............. how do you guys do it ??
Old 10-15-2002, 12:59 AM
Josh Sorensen
Fork Horn

Default RE: I dunno .............. how do you guys do it ??

All I know is how it is for me.... I find shooting at game easier than shooting targets. I tend to focus a lot more when its the real deal. All the form qestioning thoughts out of my head, my primal predatory instincts take over and I'm focused so hard on the animal that its like I can almost anticipate each move it makes. Its like I can see inside the deer and know where the arrow has to go. I rarely remember drawing my bow, just seeing the arrow sail through the air on its way to the animal. The few times that I have missed while shooting at animals have been the times that the nagging, second guessing, guestions have been going through my head. If I find myself in the position like that its already over and I might as well put my bow down and watch. Another thing for me that is a bonus is that I tend not to get "buck fever" until after the shot. I'll darn near fall out of the tree 2 minutes after the shot but be stone cold and steady at the shot. It doesn't always work that way but generally so.