HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 165 tripple shock waste of money
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Whitehorn
Fork Horn

Default RE: 165 tripple shock waste of money

I hunt exclusively with a 270 and our little group shot three animals this fall with 140 grain TSXs and we were really impressed with the results and damage. An antelope and a whitetail were both takenwith one shot in the ribs and they didn'tgo far. And another whitetail was shot by a newer hunter in our group right through the hips (and then neck).. Bad quartering away shot. Anyhow, the damage and wound canal wasmassive. I was sold..Unfortunately a lotof good meatwas ruined butit was impressive,looked like a damage from a magnum. All of the bullets were pass throughs..

Before we tried Barnes I've onlyrecovered two bullets from 'one shot' kills and they performed as expected however the bullets didn't look like anything you'd see from their manufacturer's catalogue.. One 150 grain Game King (from a whitetail) was nothing more than just the copper bulletjacket missing the leadthat expanded to one side. And then there was a 150 grain partition (from an elk) that mushroomed perfectly but the reare lead portion was missing.. Theserecovered bullets did their job as advertized but the lead came out and they are the reason why I went with a solid copper bullet and I am very happy with our Barnes' experience.