HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dead deer in public view???
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:59 PM
RedAllison

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

Hmmmmmmmmm help me out here. 35 pages later this is gonna breakdown into a class warfare topic???

Maybe I can be a redneck too? I drive a 4x4 (Z71 Avalanche) but if it makes some feel any better I had a few "toys"over the yearsthat I suspect could be similar too a "jacked up yota". Does a F350 (single wheel) "skied" atop 40" Superswampers classify? It rode like crap, got 5 mpg but SON it was fun and no one DARED get in my way!Or my Suburban that was on 35" Mickey Thompsons that were 15" wide and had enough lights all the way around that I was mistaken for Ohare Airport a few times? It was actually nicknamed "Da Beast" by friends so I had that put on the bugshield. Oh yeah and I almost forgot, it had Advantage Timber on the rocker panels and the seats and woodtrim inside were Advantage as well.I have a few pieces of Carhart,Wallsclothing and a few Remington and Savage guns in my collection and even an ol Tasco lyin around somewhere. So does that give me enough "neckness"?

On the other hand perhaps I could be a yuppie? I once had a Lotus Espirit Turbo, isn't an English "exotic" considered the pre-eminent yuppie symbol? (I promise I NEVER drove it to play golf... the damn clubs wouldn't fit in it!) But I am here to tell you that thing would run circles around my last 'vette (2k ragtop) and GOD how it handled. I DO prefer clothing from Columbia or Beretta and the favorite rifles in my collection are Sakos and Weatherbys (with Swarovski's and Zeiss' of course). So does that give me enough "Biffness"?

I really could careless about ANY "group" becauseI don't feel the need to "belong". I do my thing and that's that. I have friends that run the gamut. I just see something as simple as "public display" affecting ALL of us, you, me and everyone else who cares anything about deer hunting. But after 35 pages I can see the same thing I saw after the first 10 replies, the same ones causing us the problems today are the same ones causing us the problems well after this topic is locked and gone!

So be it... now where did I put the Speaker of The House's phone number???
RA