HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY Conservation Officers
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:47 PM
amayerican

Default RE: NY Conservation Officers

Good point NYbowehunter. I believe your right. We need more DEC officers. That got me thinking. I am a firefighter, and some of the local fire departments have one fire investigator in there departments, and they work with the state police in fire investigations. It’s a county wide team but they team up and do the job. Now what if the local PDs and sheriffs and state PDs take a couple conservation courses and team up with the DEC in helping them crack down on poaching or licenses ext ext. Our tax’s our paying them anyway. There either at a motor vehicle crash or, a 911 hang up or, splitting up Medusa and Billy bob form a fight. Why not keep an eye out now and then?

This summer I was stopped on Lamoka Lake for an unregistered john boat. I thought you didn’t need one with an electric trolling motor.

BTBowhunter made a good point in a few other posts. “We need smaller WMU's and we needmore intensive micro management of some areas”. He went on about cold and warm areas. With this team, I think we could see more ground work for the DEC and maybe better judgments about deer herds than some numbers on paper.

I know it sounds too good to be true.