HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - good binocs
Thread: good binocs
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:51 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default good binocs

i need some help...mom and dad asked what i wanted for xmas....and i thought...truck stuff nah...computer stuff..nah....moms giving me her digital camera so i dont need that anymore...hmmm what have i been wanting...BINOCULARS!! i love hunting with a flintlock..but its open sights and i have to put 4pts 1 inch long on a buck before shooting...and have to make sure it DOESNT have antlers over 3 inches to fill an antlerless tag...i hunt rather close though....like 10-50yds normal shots.....but hate those little dinky binocs you cant see jack through....but really want something i can see out of nicely...but arent HUGE....and i can easiyl get on the deer and check its head....something reliable that wont be ruined by rain or snow....but i can only spend 100-200 or so...but i really think thats what i want....i just cant find a pair that i think will work...right now i use some old clunker...they are huge and crappy....i dont know what a good magnification and objective is for binocs....or brand and model......any help???? i wish they made them in like...4-12x40! i cant find anything that has a lower power but a higher power as well...found like 8-20 and stragiht 4x 5x and 6x...along with 8x and 10x...just dont know what would be good at my normal range...stupid antler restrictions!!! what do you guys think?? thanks guys